Self-service password reset (SSPR) gives people the ability to change or reset their password, with no administrator or help desk involvement. Typically, users open a web browser on another device to access the SSPR Portal. If a person is enrolled in SSPR, and their account is locked or they forget their password, they can follow prompts to unlock themselves and get back to work as described in How to Reset Your Password or Unlock Your Account. This ability reduces loss of productivity when a person can’t sign in to their device or an application. This document contains instructions for setting that up.
- Open a browser and enter https://aka.ms/ssprsetup. The Microsoft Outlook Sign in window will appear.
- Enter your Einstein email address and click Next. The Sign-in options window will appear.
- Select Sign in to an organization. You will be prompted to find your organization.
- Enter einsteinmed.org and select Next. If you are already on the Montefiore network, the wizard may skip to step 7. Otherwise, you’ll be prompted to enter your email address.
- Enter your email address and click Next. You’ll be prompted to enter your Einstein password.
- Enter your password and click Sign in. You may be prompted to stay signed in.
- Select the desired option. You will be directed to the Security info page.
- Click Add a method. The Add a method screen will appear.
- From the Add a method drop-down menu, select your security method. There are many from which to choose. As an example, we will use Security questions and, later, Email. The Security questions list will appear.
- Use the Security questions drop-down to pick security questions and answers.
- You must select another security method. We will use Email.
- Select Add a method again.
- You will be prompted to Add a method. From the Add a method drop-down menu, select Email.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the email address to use.
- Do so. You will be prompted to enter a verification code. The code will be emailed to you. After you get it, enter the code
You can continue to add security methods as you wish.
NOTE! When you do a self-service password reset, you’ll have to go through all the security methods.